As parishes, schools and entities of the Diocese of Orlando, we are all united in our mission to share the light and love of Christ with others. Good communication is essential to this mission.
Therefore, no matter what department or office we represent, we all work in the field of communications. In this way, we illuminate, with the light of faith, the darkness in our world.
We are each called to deliver a message of faith, hope, love and salvation to all people using the communication tools and methods of our day. Therefore, communication is relevant to all people of faith.
The Diocese of Orlando Light of Faith Awards Program will:
- Identify outstanding examples of communication that fulfills the mission of evangelization
- Recognize the hard work and dedication of many people who communicate and evangelize the Good News of our Catholic faith
- Showcase the best examples of communication to inspire and educate others in their pursuit of excellence
- Provide ideas and resources to promote collaboration and cooperation and to create a larger network of support between diocesan entities
There are three ways to participate (We hope you choose all three!):
- Submit material to be judged for the awards ceremony by completing and submitting the entry form found here (Deadline: February 1, 2012)
- Attend the celebration of Mass of thanksgiving for the gifts of communication on April 23 at 5:30 p.m. at St. James Cathedral, 215 North Orange Avenue, Orlando
- Attend the open house "Communications Expo" on April 23, 2012 between 12:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. at the Chancery, located at 50 E. Robinson Street, Orlando
To download a program that lists all winning entries from the 2010 Light of Faith Awards Program, click here.