The Finance Office administers the temporal (worldly) goods of the diocese under the authority of the diocesan bishop and in accordance with a budget determined by a diocesan finance council. Enough income is to be provided to meet the expenses that have been legitimately authorized by the bishop. An account of all receipts and expenditures must be rendered to the finance council each year.
Under Canon Law, the diocese and parishes are not one legal entity. Each parish, as well as certain other institutions, is a separate legal entity or separate juridic person under Canon Law. Each juridic person has certain responsibilities and certain rights under the law. Nevertheless, the Finance Office must exercise careful vigilance over the administration of all temporal goods which belong to public juridic persons subject to the bishop.
The Finance Office oversees the financial affairs and property management of the Diocese. In so doing, the Office conducts audits, centrally administers insurance and benefits programs, oversees investment activities and approves capital improvements.
• Bryan Joseph, Chief Financial Officer, Secretary of Administration, 407-246-4831
• Roger Barnes, Comptroller, 407-246-4832
• Michael Zirkle, Senior Director of Parish Finance & Accounting, 407-246-4848
• Irene Haire, Manager, Accounting, 407-246-4833
• Joanne Pugnet, Staff Accountant, 407-246-4836
• Tracy Dann, Risk Manager, 407-246-4877
• Maureen Fitzgerald, Administrative Assistant to CFO, 407-246-4837