The approved texts of the GIRM, the Order of Mass and the Texts of the Roman Missal are soon to be given to the publishers of Liturgical Books. The text of the Roman Missal is substantially larger than the present Sacramentary and will probably not be available in print until the summer of 2011.
The Office of Liturgy will be in contact with each of the Liturgical Publishers in order that there may be a bulk purchase at a discounted rate in the same manner as was done with the publication of the Lectionary and Book of Gospels. More information on this will be available closer to the date that the books are completed.
Ordering of the Roman Missal in English at Discounted prices
We will begin the mandatory use of the Third Edition of the Roman Missal in English on the Vigil of the First Sunday of Advent, November 26, 2011. By now you have probably been inundated with literature from various religious supply companies pre-selling the Missal. Seven (7) companies are selling the Missal and four (4) of these companies have allowed the Office of Liturgy to offer these books at varying discounted prices for bulk sales.
- Orders must be prepaid to the Office of Liturgy
- Shipping for each individual book will be $19.00
- Books will be shipped directly to the parish after the October 1, 2011 release of the Missal from each of the publishers
- Orders must be placed by August 5, 2011
- Please visit the publisher website for specific information regarding each of the Missals
- The Office of Liturgy will not be taking orders for Magnificat, Midwest Publishing or USCCB Publications
- The pagination in each of the Missals, regardless of publisher, will be the same
Click here to download the pdf memo and order form from Father Bob Webster.