The Diocese of Orlando invites you to help us celebrate the accomplishments of our Catholic school teachers and administrators. Teachers, principals, vice principals, parents, students, grandparents, pastors, parishioners and others may nominate outstanding professionals who engage in 21st century practices for a 21st Century Catholic School Excellence Award.
The program’s goals are to:
• Proclaim the Good News and translate our faith into action;
• Recognize and honor Catholic school administrators and teachers who have demonstrated outstanding leadership;
• Model best practices of 21st century teaching;
• Build effective partnerships; and
• Focus attention on the positive accomplishments of Catholic school administrators and teachers.
A panel of judges will select a winner and two finalists in the following categories:
21st Century Catholic School Teacher of the Year
• High School Category – winner and two finalists
• Elementary School Category – winner and two finalists
21st Century Catholic School Administrator of the Year
• Open to all presidents, principals and assistant principals – winner and two finalists
The three winners will each receive $1,000 and their respective schools will receive a plaque to display for the year. Winners and finalists will be honored at a luncheon on January 20, 2011.
Nominations are due September 10, 2010. Nominees will receive an application from the Office of Catholic Schools, and all applications are due Oct. 1, 2010. For more information, go to CentralFloridaCatholicSchools.com and click on 21st Century Catholic School Excellence Awards.
To nominate someone, click here: nomination page