Bishop John Noonan invites the faithful to pray a novena beginning on October 28 and continuing through November 5.
A novena is a traditional form of prayer which takes place over a period of nine days (the number of days which Mary and the Apostles spent in prayer between the Ascension and Pentecost).
To participate in this novena, spend some time during each of the nine days using the daily prayers, reflections, and the Novena Prayer found here.
Bishop Noonan also invites Catholics to pray before the Blessed Sacrament on the eve of the election, a (adoration) holy hour on November 5, the day before the national elections. Click here for Adoration and Benediction prayers.
The following parishes have confirmed they will be praying the Novena for Faithful Citizenship.
- Annunciation Catholic Church, Longwood
- Ascension Catholic Church, Melbourne
- Blessed Sacrament Catholic Church, Clermont (novena after daily Masses, Adoration will be on Election Day from 9am-8pm)
- Corpus Christi Catholic Church, Celebration
- Holy Cross Catholic Church, Orlando
- Holy Name of Jesus, Indialantic ((they are handing out the Novena prayer to their parishioners and will have Adoration on the eve of the election.)
- Holy Spirit Catholic Church, Lake Wales
- Prince of Peace Catholic Church, Ormond Beach
- Resurrection Catholic Church, Winter Garden
- St. Ann Catholic Church, Debary
- St. Augustine Catholic Church, Casselberry
- St. Faustina Catholic Church, Clermont
- St. John the Baptist Catholic Church, Dunnellon
- St. Mary Magdalen Catholic Church, Winter Park
- St. Margaret Mary Catholic Church (Novena from Oct. 29 – Nov.6)
- St. Peter Catholic Church, Deland
- St. Paul Catholic Church, Leesburg (promoting Novena and will have Adoration Nov. 5 at 6:30 pm)
- St. Vincent De Paul Catholic Church, Wildwood