Did You Know?
– Cardinal-designates, Archbishop Dolan and Archbishop O’Brien serve on the Board for the Black and Indian Mission office?
– Anita Owens, Archdiocese of Chicago, informed us that EWTN’s Father Mitch Pacwa interviewed Gloria Purvis, Damon Owens and Deacon Harold Burke Sivers? They spoke on the topic “Authentically Free at Last.”
– The Catholic Negro-American Mission Board is an evangelization and fund-raising organization established in 1907 by the Bishops of the U.S.? To learn more about CNAMB or to make a donation visit our website. Click CNAMB.
– Lorna DesRoses, Director of Black Catholic Ministries, Archdiocese of Boston, sponsors the annual Bishop James A. Healy Award Dinner? He was the first recognized Black Bishop in the U.S. Click honorees for more info.
– Educator, speaker and author, Dr. Steve Perry, was the keynote speaker for the 26th annual Martin Luther King, Jr Week of Peace presented by Dillard, Loyola, Tulane and Xavier Universites in New Orleans?
– The Horn of Africa broadly encompasses Somalia, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Djibouti and Kenya. Somalia is the worst-hit country with drought in the region, with 4 million of the country’s estimated 7.5 million people facing crisis? Click CRS for data.
– The Catholic Men of Chicago Southland, Young Adult Ministry Chicago, and the Office for Black Catholics are sponsoring the 1st annual Bishop Joseph Perry Father and Son Conference? Theme: “Keep Your Hand on the Plow – The Powerful Role of the Father.”
– The Roots of Scouting, Inc. (Baltimore, MD) is hosting the 32nd anniversary of the African Heritage Honors Luncheon, February 25?