The Diocese of Orlando announces a new ministry for parish, school and diocesan communicators.
The ministry is called C-CLEAR which stands for CATHOLIC COMMUNICATION LEADERS EXCHANGE AND RESOURCE MINISTRY (C-CLEAR).
This ministry seeks to address two realities facing church communicators in our present times:
- With the explosion of media outlets, people today are bombarded with information, entertainment and news. Now more than ever, the message of the Catholic Church must be clear and consistent. Our communications must focus on the essential truths of our faith and how these truths are relevant to the life of each person.
- With the advent of new technologies and new methods of communicating, our tools have expanded but there is a learning curve with each new opportunity. With limited time and resources, many parish and school communicators are finding it difficult to stay ahead of the learning curve and gain the benefits of these new gifts of technology.
C-CLEAR seeks to provide a forum for communication leaders within the Diocese of Orlando to learn new skills, share ideas and discover resources that can expand, enhance and enrich our communication efforts.
This ministry is open to bulletin editors, web designers, stewardship managers, pastoral associates, ministry leaders, development directors as well as any clergy and lay leader who would like to grow in their knowledge of communication tools and strategies to reach more people with Catholic messaging and the Good News of Jesus Christ.
C-CLEAR ministry members will participate in the following ways:
- Meet 4 times a year for professional and pastoral growth, development and networking.
- Receive monthly e-newsletters with timely topics on the fast changing world of communications with ideas for relevant and effective communications.
- Receive a membership directory to encourage an exchange of ideas and foster collaboration.
- Receive tips and advice for developing clear and consistent communication strategies that allow you to evangelize and share the message of God’s love using the most current and effective methods available.
- Online discussion groups to quickly address questions and topics of interest
To participate in the C-CLEAR ministry, please submit Name, Title, Parish/School/Entity Affiliation, Phone #, E-Mail Address to Director of Communications Teresa Peterson, email@example.com.