The Office of Liturgical Celebrations of the Supreme Pontiff today published the calendar of celebrations to be presided over by the Holy Father between December 2011 and January 2012.
– Thursday 8: Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary. At 4 p.m. in Rome’s Piazza di Spagna, homage to Mary Immaculate.
– Sunday 11: Third Sunday of Advent. Pastoral visit to the Roman parish of “Santa Maria delle Grazie” at Casal Boccone, with Mass at 9.30 a.m.
– Monday 12: Solemnity of Our Lady of Guadalupe. Mass for Latin America at 5.30 p.m. in the Basilica of St. Mary Major.
– Thursday 15: Vespers with students of Roman universities in the Vatican Basilica at 5.30 p.m.
– Saturday 24: Vigil of the Solemnity of the Birth of Our Lord. Mass in the Vatican Basilica at 10 p.m.
– Sunday 25: Solemnity of the Birth of Our Lord. At midday from the central loggia of the Vatican Basilica, “Urbi et Orbi” blessing.
– Saturday 31: At 5 p.m. in the Vatican Basilica, First Vespers and “Te Deum” of thanksgiving for the past year.
– Sunday 1: Solemnity of Mary, Mother of God and forty-fifth World Day of Peace. Mass in the Vatican Basilica at 9.30 a.m.
– Friday 6: Solemnity of the Epiphany of the Lord. Mass in the Vatican Basilica at 9.30 a.m.
– Sunday 8: Feast of the Baptism of Our Lord. Mass in the Sistine Chapel at 9.45 a.m., conferment of the Sacrament of Baptism upon a number of children.
– Wednesday 25: Feast of the Conversion of St. Paul the Apostle. Celebration of Vespers in the Basilica of St. Paul Outside-the-Walls at 5.30 p.m.