The Diocese of Orlando, Office of the Permanent Diaconate are calling on the Church community to bring forth reputable men, servants, filled with the Spirit, to discern a call to the permanent diaconate. St. Luke states, “Brothers, select from among you seven reputable men, filled with the Spirit and wisdom, whom we shall appoint to this task, whereas we shall devote ourselves to prayer and to the ministry of the word.” (Acts 6:3-4) This call does not come to the individual alone, nor for his own sake, but for that of the community.
Diaconate Formation is a comprehensive ministry formation process to prepare the deacon for his lifelong vocation and ministry of word, liturgy and charity. The Diaconate Information Night is the first step. Please consider attending one of the five information sessions being held throughout the diocese in December:
- 12/05/17 Resurrection, Lakeland (Western Deanery)
- 12/07/17 Holy Name of Jesus, Indialantic (Southern Deanery)
- 12/12/17 Our Lady of Hope, Deltona (Eastern Deanery)
- 12/14/17 Timothy, Lady Lake (Northern Deanery)
- 12/19/17 Mary Magdalen, Altamonte Springs (Central Deanery South)