Religious Liberty, New Cardinals, Ash Wednesday, A Lenten Pilgrimage & More:
- An American bishop speaks out for religious liberty while on a periodic visit to Rome. See that and much more on this week’s “Vaticano.” Airs 10 a.m. ET, Sunday, Feb. 19 – exclusively on EWTN. Find EWTN at www.ewtn.com/channelfinder.
- See the Pope elevate 22 prelates to Cardinal! The Holy Mass airs live from St. Peter’s Basilica in Rome. Tune in at 4:30 a.m. ET (live) or 6 p.m. ET, Saturday, Feb. 18 on EWTN. Find EWTN at www.ewtn.com/channelfinder.
- Been thinking about picking up a Scripture study for Lent? Then don’t miss this week’s “Bookmark” when Host Doug Keck interviews Dr. Tim Gray and Jeff Cavins about their book, “Walking With God: A Journey Through the Bible.” Airs 9:30 a.m. ET and 11:30 p.m. ET, Sunday, Feb. 19; 5 a.m. ET, Monday, Feb. 20; and 5:30 p.m. ET, Wednesday, Feb. 22 – exclusively on EWTN. Then, order the book at http://bit.ly/wxp193.
- Moms! Need a little inspiration and encouragement? Check out “Everyday Blessings for Catholic Moms.” These short spots air throughout the day on EWTN or you can find them all anytime of day on EWTN’s YouTube channel at www.youtube.com/ewtn. Just type “everyday blessings” in the search box. God bless you – and thank you for choosing life!
- Love Mother Teresa? Don’t miss Donna-Marie Cooper O’Boyle discuss “Mother Teresa, Our Friend,” at 7 p.m. ET, Sunday, Feb.19 – exclusively on EWTN’s “Sunday Night Prime” with Fr. Benedict Groeschel. Want more? O’Boyle book, “Mother Teresa and Me: Ten Years of Friendship” is available from EWTN Religious Catalogue at http://bit.ly/yVE3Si.
- Ash Wednesday Mass! See the Franciscan Missionaries of the Eternal Word celebrate the Solemn Mass of Ash Wednesday live from Irondale, Alabama at 8 a.m. ET, Wednesday, Feb. 22, with an encore at 12 a.m. ET, Thursday, Feb. 23 – exclusively on EWTN. Find EWTN at www.ewtn.com/channelfinder.
- Watch Pope Benedict celebrate the beginning of Lent! He will lead the Stational Prayers and a Penitential Procession from the Basilica of St. Anselm and then celebrate Holy Mass at the Basilica of St. Sabina. Airs 10 a.m. ET and 6 p.m. ET, Wednesday, Feb. 22 on EWTN. Find EWTN at www.ewtn.com/channelfinder.
- Make a Lenten pilgrimage to “Rome’s Hidden Churches” without leaving your armchair! In the first of six episodes, Dr. Timothy O’Donnell explores the Church of Santa Sabina, which is now headquarters of the Dominican Order. The church is named after a Roman martyr who followed her servant girl into the Christian faith and a martyr’s death. Airs 3:21 p.m .ET, Wednesday, Feb. 22 – exclusively on EWTN. Find EWTN at www.ewtn.com/channelfinder.
- A new order helps the poor in Peru. Find out more when Fr. Vincent Minnelli of the recently founded Missionary Servants of the Poor visits Father Mark and Doug Barry on “Life on the Rock.” Airs 10 p.m. ET, Thursday, Feb. 16 – exclusively on EWTN. Find EWTN at www.ewtn.com/channelfinder.