Faithful citizenship extends beyond Election Day. The time following Election Day and leading up to Inauguration remain a great opportunity for catechesis about missionary discipleship and the political responsibilities of Catholic citizens. To help answer questions about the Church’s role in political life, the Catholic bishops have made available dozens of resources at faithfulcitizenship.org including:
- The text of the statement, Forming Consciences for Faithful Citizenship
- A novena for faithful citizenship, a prayer service, and a resource on ways to pray as a faithful citizen
- Lesson plans for elementary and high school students and sessions for adults.
- Learning activities for teachers, and ideas for DREs
- Simple, two-page handouts on important topics such as conscience formation, civil dialogue, and contacting your elected officials
- Videos on Faithful Citizenship 101, civil dialogue, the call to participate, and other topics.
- Do’s and don’ts guidelines and political activity guidelines