Our Catholic Appeal weekend will be held February 13-14, 2016 at parishes across the Diocese of Orlando. It is an opportunity for parishioners to make a financial gift in support of the life-changing ministries that help the people of God to enkindle a deeper faith and encounter the mercy of the Father.
“The twenty-seven ministries supported by Our Catholic Appeal help us build our lives on the essentials,” explains Bishop John Noonan. “They guide us to grow in our love of God and to bring forth the excelling Sacramental love with one another.”
From supporting the priests who bring God’s comfort and mercy to those who are suffering; to providing resources and trainings for Catholic schools and faith formation programs that are forming the future leaders of the Church academically and spiritually; to allowing for the development of new technology that evangelizes and inspires; gifts to Our Catholic Appeal are making a difference is the lives of Catholics in Central Florida.
In 2015, gifts to Our Catholic Appeal helped:
- More than 2,800 young people learn to listen for God’s call through FOCUS 11 and other discernment opportunities
- Over 55,000 people participate in faith formation opportunities through our parishes and schools
- 100,000 people in need with food, medical care, and spiritual comfort through the ministries of Catholic Charities of Central Florida
- Thirty-nine seminarians discern a vocation to the priesthood for the Diocese of Orlando
- 19,000 people to find opportunities for spiritual renewal through the Hope Community Center, Catholic Campus Ministry, and San Pedro Retreat Center.
For more information on Our Catholic Appeal, visit http://cfocf.org/OCA