Many individuals from foreign countries now in the United States are concerned about their status and what actions they should anticipate. The staff of Catholic Charities of Central Florida can assist you in providing helpful guidance to parishioners at risk of removal/deportation from the United States due to uncertainties about their immigration status.
The following links from Catholic Legal Immigration Network (CLINIC) can be shared with church members so they are informed of their rights when and if they are approached by law enforcement or immigration authorities.
The information includes “Know Your Rights Cards” in both English and Spanish and other valuable material to help guide individuals through the different scenarios to which they may be exposed.
If you have any questions, have a parishioner needing legal assistance, or would like a presentation to your church members, please contact Noemi Guzman, Immigration Services Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org 407-658-0110.
More updates from Secretariat of Laity, Family and Life
- Bishop Noonan Announces 50th Anniversary of the Diocese of Orlando
- Request a prayer
- Small Christian Community Summit
- Save the Date for our Ministry Formation Conference on September 9, 2017
- Excerpts from Perseverance: Love Never Ends
- Register for Joyful Again, the national two-day retreat for those who have lost a loved one – March 25-26, 2017
- Vocations Annual Workshop on April 22
- Young Women’s Retreat on April 28