Media Relations Workshop for Priests, Principals, Parish, School and Diocesan Leaders
July 11, 2013 l 3:00 p.m.—5:00 p.m.
Sts. Peter and Paul Catholic Church
5300 Old Howell Branch Road, Winter Park
How can you effectively present the Gospel message and shine the Light of Christ onto the media landscape? Broadcast and print media can be an effective tool for evangelization, even in situations involving a crisis or controversial issue. This workshop will help you to confidently present your message when being interviewed by the media.
Leaders of the Diocese of Orlando are occasionally needed for comment on news events and stories that are related to the Catholic faith. By attending this training session, you will be better prepared to represent the Diocese of Orlando and the Catholic Church.
- How to Define and Give Your Message in Sound Bites
- How to Summarize Complex Issues Clearly and Concisely
- How to Feel Comfortable When Being Interviewed
- How to Deal with Aggressive Reporters
- Carol Brinati, Chancellor, Diocese of Orlando
- Teresa Peterson, Director of Communications, Diocese of Orlando
RSVP deadline is July 5, 2013.