As we close out this school year, whether you’re the student, teacher or parent, take some time to reflect on your blessings and challenges. Place yourself in God’s Presence with the Daily Examen by St. Ignatius of Loyola.
- Give thanks for God’s great love for you. Become aware of His presence throughout the day (year).
- Pray for the grace to understand how God is acting in your life. Review the day (year) with gratitude.
- Review your day (year) — recall specific moments and your feelings at the time. Pay attention to your emotions.
- Reflect on what you did, said, or thought in those instances. Were you drawing closer to God or further away? Choose one feature of the day (year) and pray from it.
- Look toward tomorrow (new school year) — think of how you might collaborate more effectively with God’s plan. Be specific and conclude with the “Our Father.”