ST. VINCENT DE PAUL REGIONAL SEMINARY CELEBRATES SEVEN DIACONATE ORDINATIONS
Boynton Beach, Florida – (April 2011) – The Most Reverend Victor B. Galeone, Bishop of St. Augustine, presided over St. Vincent de Paul Regional Seminary’s Diaconate Ordination of seven new transitional deacons (pictured above), at the St. Vincent Chapel on Saturday, April 30. The Bishop gave an inspiring message to the new Deacon
class and to the more than 520 seminarians, family members, faculty, alumni and visiting clergy in attendance. A reception and brunch followed the ceremony in honor of the new Deacon class. Those ordained were:
- Archdiocese of Miami – Biju Vells, St. Louis, Pinecrest
- Diocese of Orlando – Mark Librizzi, St. Therese, Titusville; Bernard Ngila, Tala, Kenya; Tom Wanitsky, Holy Cross, Orlando
- Diocese of Pensacola/Tallahassee – James Grebe, Co-Cathedral of St. Thomas More, Tallahassee
- Diocese of St. Petersburg – Victor J. Amorose, Light of Christ, Clearwater
- Diocese of Venice – Casey Jones, Blessed Pope John, Ft. Myers
As newly ordained, transitional Deacons, these men will be assigned to local parishes where they will exercise their ministry as deacons on weekends during their final year of formation. Among other duties, they will be able to preach, perform baptisms, and matrimonial ceremonies, as well as preside over wakes and funerals.
Owned by the seven Roman Catholic Dioceses of the Province of Florida, St. Vincent has educated nearly 500 priests since its founding in 1963. For more information, visit: www.svdp.edu.