The 49th Commencement exercises took place on May 10, at 7:00 p.m. in the St. Vincent de Paul Chapel on seminary grounds. Msgr. Keith R. Brennan Rector and President of St. Vincent’s, presided over the ceremony, accompanied by Deacon Dennis Demes, the seminary’s Academic Dean.
Commencement speaker, Rev. Msgr. Franklyn M. Casale, M.Div., President of St. Thomas University, inspired graduates with a quote from our Holy Father, in his recent address to the American Bishops. He said, “the deposit of faith is a priceless treasure which each generation must pass on to the next by winning hearts to Jesus Christ and shaping the minds in the knowledge, understanding and the love of His Church.”
The degree of Master of Divinity was conferred upon the following:
- Archdiocese of Miami – Biju Vells.
- Diocese of Orlando – Mark Librizzi, Bernard Ngila, Thomas Wanitsky
- Diocese of Palm Beach – Leonard O. Dim, Chamindra S. Williams
- Diocese of Pensacola/Tallahassee – James Grebe
- Diocese of Richmond – Carlos Lerma
- Diocese of St. Petersburg – Victor Amorose
- Diocese of Venice – Casey Jones, Duong T.T. Nguyen
A Master of Arts in Theology was awarded to Mr. Sylwester T. Buczek, Mr. Joseph W. Coiçou, Rev. Robert V. Reagan and Mr. David N. Ugokwe.
“Please join with me in congratulating our Class of 2012 and pray that they may each provide many years of faithful service in ministry to the people of God,” said Msgr. Brennan.
Editor’s Note: All are invited to attend the Ordination of Mark Librizzi, Bernard Ngila, and Thomas Wanitsky on Saturday, May 26 at 10:00 a.m. in St. James Cathedral in downtown Orlando.