I was recently at a training for those who minister to the sick and homebound in the Northern Deanery. During a break someone asked me if evangelization is an internal or external mission. I explained that it is both. When one considers the three moments of evangelization (i.e. evangelization/proclamation of the gospel — initiation/incorporation into the Body of Christ, the Church — catechesis or maturation as a lifelong disciple) it is fairly easy to recognize how the Church’s mission to make disciples includes both internal and external operations.
The Rise-Up! Men’s Conference on June 3, 2017 at Holy Family Catholic Church in Orlando brings these two operations together. It is an event aimed for men, whether active or inactive in their faith, that seeks to lift men’s spirit, increase their commitment to the Lord, and grow their participation in the Church.
- Men need to be encouraged in their faith.
- Men need to see that they are not alone in their struggles and successes.
- Men need to experience God’s love and the support of the Church.
This year’s presenters are engaging!
- Coach Joe Lombardi is a devout Catholic and quarterback coach of the New Orleans Saints. He will share how his faith helps him live with discipline and clarity.
- Mr. Jeff Noel, a former Disney Institute training consultant, has impacted more than one million business and organizational leaders. He will inspire us to dream and envision ourselves as disciples.
- Fr. Jeremiah Payne, a convert to Catholicism, will celebrate Mass and call us into a deeper relationship with God and the Church.Every man should have this opportunity. Fathers and Sons, Grandfathers and Grandchildren, Uncles and Nephews, Cousins, Neighbors, Co-workers, Students, Friends, and Friends of Friends. The conference is designed for adult men, but teens 16 or older are welcome if attending with a parent or guardian.Help us spread the word with resources found here including the registration information and more.