For the first time, the
- Improving law enforcement data collection;
- Improving training for federal agents;
- Providing additional federal oversight on trafficking to field offices;
- Encouraging local, state, and federal investigations and prosecutions; and
- Strengthening enforcement tools.
The report also outlines policy priorities to decrease trafficking in the
Every year, hundreds of thousands of Americans and international children under the age of 18 are sexual exploited. Another 300,000 American children and youth are at risk each year of becoming victims. Catholic Charities USA makes domestic and international trafficking resources available for agencies to use to help mobilize their communities to identify and serve all children who are victims of trafficking.
To view resources available through Catholic Charities USA, please click here.
To read the 2010 Trafficking in Persons Report, please click here.