As you know, since January there has been much attention to our efforts to address the very troubling Health and Human Services (HHS) mandate which requires almost all private health plans to cover contraception, sterilization and abortion-inducing drugs.
The United States Conference of Catholic Bishops has been developing a series of bulletin inserts to address a wide range of issues from our concerns over religious liberty to the Church’s teaching on sexuality and openness to new human life. Some of these will be catechetical and others will encourage parishioners to take much needed action.
Proposed schedule for bulletin inserts:
• April-May: Religious liberty. (completed)
• June: Why conscience is important. (completed)
• July-August: Several inserts on marriage, sexuality and openness to new life.
• September: Conscience formation.
• December: Current challenges and calling the new Congress to respond.
The third installment of bulletin inserts is a series of three bulletin inserts on “marriage, sexuality and openness to new life.” These are recommended for parish distribution between now and late-summer/early-fall. Ideally these would be made available two weeks apart.
The attachments include the following: