“Ex Nihilo – Out of Nothing” hosted by Fr. Martin Nguyen, parochial vicar at St. James Cathedral and Steve Bucklin, director of adult faith formation at the Cathedral. Together, and with occasional guests, they engage in conversations about the life of faith and the challenges facing young adults and young families. Listen Tuesdays at 8 p.m.
- Ex Nihilo: Ch ch ch Changes… E42
This week Fr. Martin and Steve channel their inner David Bowie as they talk about the difficulty in dealing with changes in our lives.
- Ex Nihilo: A Minster for all Seasons E41
Fr. Martin and Steve break down the history of Westminster Abbey; from its beginning as a Benedictine monastery up to its present role within the Church of England. They also draw attention to a certain Cathedral nearby.
- Ex Nihilo: Which Rite is Right? E40
Fr. Martin and Steve are back to discuss the various rites that make up the larger church.
- Ex Nihilo: Festival of Lights E39
Fr. Martin and Steve share the history and traditions of Hanukkah—also known as Festival of Lights with the lighting of the menorah.
- Ex Nihilo: The name is Luther, Martin Luther! E38
As we commemorate the 500th anniversary of the Protestant reformation, Steve and Fr. Martin take a closer look at the Martin Luther the man.
- Ex Nihilo: Shssh, It’s a Secret! E37
This week Fr. Martin and Steve provide the answer to a question no one is asking. What is the Roman Curia and what does it do?
- Ex Nihilo: When the Saints Go Marching In! E36
Fr. Martin is back and he’s brought some guests with him! This week Fr. and Steve welcome residents from Bishop Grady Villas who are conducting research for their own brand new podcast.
- Ex Nihilo: You don’t need a cruise to Alaska to see the beauty of God E35
Fresh from his trip to Alaska, Fr. Chris joins Steve this week to discuss how the beauty of God is all around us and how through beauty we can grow closer to the Father.
- Ex Nihilo: You are free to kneel, but should you? E34
Fr. Martin and Steve discuss our freedoms and the responsibilities that come along with them.
- Ex Nihilo: Fr. Martin vs Hurricane Irma E33
Fr. Martin joins Steve to tackle the question, “if our God is a God of Love, why does he allow natural disasters and the suffering that accompanies them?”