Holy Father’s Calendar for February to April 2015 The Office of Liturgical Celebrations of the Supreme Pontiff has published the following calendar of liturgical celebrations at which the Holy Father will preside from February to April:
- Monday 2: Feast of the Presentation of the Lord, 19th World Day of Consecrated Life. At 5.30 p.m. in the Vatican Basilica, Mass with the members of the Institutes of Consecrated Life and the Societies of Apostolic Life.
- Sunday 8: Fifth Sunday of Ordinary Time. At 4 p.m., pastoral visit to the Roman parish of “St. Michael the Archangel in Pietralata”.
- Saturday 14: At 11 a.m. in the Vatican Basilica, Ordinary Public Consistory for the creation of new cardinals and for several causes of canonisation.
- Sunday 15: Sixth Sunday of Ordinary Time. At 10 a.m. in the Vatican Basilica, Mass with newly-created cardinals.
- Wednesday 18: Ash Wednesday. At 4.30 p.m., Basilica of St. Anselm, “Statio” and penitential procession. At 5 p.m. at the Basilica of St. Sabina, blessing and imposition of the ashes.
- Sunday 22, First Sunday of Lent. Ariccia, beginning of spiritual exercises for the Roman Curia.
- Friday 27: Conclusion of spiritual exercises for the Roman Curia.
- Sunday 8: Third Sunday of Lent. At 4 p.m., pastoral visit to the Roman parish of “Holy Mary Mother of the Redeemer”.
- Friday 13: At 5 p.m. in the Vatican Basilica, penitential liturgy.
- Saturday 21: pastoral visit to Naples-Pompeii.
- Sunday 29: Palm Sunday and the Passion of the Lord. At 9.30 a.m. in St. Peter’s Square, blessing of the palms, procession and Mass.
- Thursday 2: Holy Thursday. At 9.30 a.m. in the Vatican Basilica, Chrism Mass.
- Friday 3: Good Friday. At 5 p.m. in St. Peter’s Basilica, celebration of the Passion of the Lord.
- Friday 3: Good Friday. At 9.15 p.m., at the Colosseum, Via Crucis.
- Saturday 4: Holy Saturday. At 8.30 p.m. in the Vatican Basilica, Easter Vigil.
- Sunday 5: Easter Sunday. At 12 p.m., central balcony of the Vatican Basilica, “Urbi et Orbi” blessing.
- Sunday 12: Second Sunday of Easter, Divine Mercy Sunday. At 10 a.m. at the Vatican Basilica, Mass for the faithful of Armenian Rite.