Website Diocese of Orlando
The Diocesan Shared Accounting Services Division of the Diocese of Orlando is actively seeking a Shared Accounting Services Manager who, under the direct supervision of the Director of SAS, and in accordance with established policies and procedures, oversees back office accounting functions related to people and processes supporting a select group of parishes within the Diocese of Orlando.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supervises the DSAS team members who are responsible for transactional based activities.
- Ensures timely, accurate, and efficient transaction processing, reconciliation, reporting, and delivery of financial information.
- Effectively manages team members’ performance through coaching, counseling, and appraising job results.
- Creates and fosters an environment that maximizes individual potential and values collective results.
- Ensures continuous development of the department by utilizing key metrics provided on productivity analysis.
- Establishes training programs to achieve consistent process and performance standards across the department(s).
- Supports in developing information for financial statements and reconciliations.
- Analyzes cause of variances between actual and budgeted income and expenses.
- Performs ad hoc reports as needed.
The successful applicant will possess the following:
- BA in Accounting or Finance, CPA a plus.
- 5 years of related professional experience in accounting or finance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of and respect for the Catholic Church, its teaching and its mission, is required.
- Strong management skills with the ability to influence, manage, and mentor teams.
- Demonstrated track record of successful interaction with management.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic and changing work environment and work in cross-functional teams.
- Exhibits professional judgement, tact, and decision-making ability.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to problem solve and use technology to improve efficiency.
- The ability to multitask while maintaining a calm and composed demeanor.