Website Diocese of Orlando
The Diocese of Orlando is actively seeking an Executive Assistant to provide professional support services to the diocesan Bishop in his ministry to the local church.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying and transmitting text, data, and graphics whether by scan, fax, or e-mail.
- Opens and distributes daily mail and makes determination as to importance and priority; organizes work by reading and routing correspondence, collecting information, and initiating communication.
- Completes requests by greeting visitors in person or via telephone, answering or referring inquiries.
- Responsible for attending and taking minutes of the executive staff meetings and the Diocesan Review Board meetings and distributing minutes as appropriate.
- Coordinates, sets-up, and assists with administrative needs for meetings, conferences, liturgical celebrations, and other events as needed.
- Maintains confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
- Contributes to team effort through collaboration, particularly with Chancellor for Administration and other executive cabinet members.
- At bishop’s request, opens, organizes, categorizes, files, updates, and maintains filing for extern, diocesan, or religious priests.
- Organizes special events, luncheons, and other formal and informal meetings as requested by the bishop.
- Maintains the bishop’s calendar, in coordination with all other offices of the Chancery.
- Coordinates travel arrangements for the bishop and others as needed.
- Provides English/Spanish translation for the Office of the Bishop such as columns, homilies, letters, and other documents.
- Prepares A/P vouchers for approval and signature.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 6 years at the Executive Secretary/Administrative Assistant level; and/or 3 years as an office supervisor or office manager.
- Must have experience in technology-based office management and office support.
- Requires proven multi-tasking capabilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and time demands.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of Excel and Outlook.
- Bi-lingual in written and spoken English and Spanish.
- Requires excellent writing skills.
- Must possess a heightened sense of confidentiality and a strong sense of respect for and knowledge of the Roman Catholic Church.
- Must be able to work well with various personalities within the Catholic Church and be comfortable around many levels of support within a large, complex, and diverse working environment.
- Must be a practicing Roman Catholic and currently participating in Diocesan or parish ministry.
- Must be willing to reflect the Christian attitude of the Church in dealing with fellow employees and those from outside the Chancery Office.
- Must have a sense of responsibility and loyalty to the bishop and his role as shepherd of the local Church.
Qualified applicants may submit a cover letter, resume, and references to:
- Dept. of Human Resources, 50 E. Robinson Street, Orlando, FL 32801
- FAX: (407)246-4844
- No phone calls, please.