Website Diocese of Orlando
- Learns all aspects of the cemetery business, including funerals in the Catholic tradition.
- Develops sound and achievable strategic and business plans for a profitable Diocesan Cemetery operation.
- Works with consultants, and Diocesan counsel to obtain state licensure.
- Prepares and maintains annual balanced budget.
- Collaborates with other Diocesan staff in the planning and construction of new facilities.
- Develops detailed operation and maintenance for current cemetery and future cemetery expansion.
- Keeps records electronically, and physically of all interments in accordance with state law and best practices.
- Develops a Catholic Cemetery Association of Central Florida for all Parish-based Cemeteries for subscriber/members.
- Develops and recommends comprehensive cemetery policy for Diocesan Cemeteries and Parish based cemeteries based on successful existing models.
- Researches demographics and markets for future cemetery expansions working with Diocesan Real Estate Committee and other planning staff.
- Suggests additional services to be provided based on realistic market studies and available funding.
Minimum of ten years of experience managing an organization with demonstrated experience in day-to-day operational management.
An undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance and/or related work experience. A graduate degree is a plus.
- Practice of the Catholic faith is required.
- Possesses the ability to interact effectively in a broad range of situations and deal with the pressure of time and changing conditions.
- Honorably manages teams through change.
- Shows superb analytical skills, and a resourceful approach to problem-solving.
- Sets an ethical and pastoral tone for Diocesan conduct.
- Able to quickly earn the confidence of those with whom this individual collaborates and coordinates information, including other secretariat heads, directors, members of various diocesan and parish committees, and clergy.
- Demonstrates leadership and resourcefulness as they apply to all areas of responsibility.
- A flexible personality, strong business judgement and analytical mind.
- Solid communications (oral and written) and listening skills.
- An executive who is highly entrepreneurial, team oriented, proactive and a collaborative business partner with outstanding leadership skills.