Website Holy Redeemer Catholic Church
Holy Redeemer Catholic Church is actively seeking a Director of Faith Formation who, under direction of the pastor, is responsible for the overall direction of the parish’s total catechetical ministry.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Envisions, plans, develops, and then organizes and evaluates all facets of the parish’s formation programming (adult, young adult, adolescent/youth, children, infants, and family as well as sacramental preparation for initiation –including the catechumenate– and proximate preparation for marriage).
- Coordinates, recruits, facilitates training for, and evaluates catechists and volunteers involved in catechetical programming.
- Researches and selects appropriate materials and media for parish use.
- Communicates with parishioners, parish staff, and diocesan representatives on relevant matters.
- Stays current with regard to developments or trends in the field of catechetics, education, and ministry.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Master’s Degree in Theology, pastoral studies, religious education or a related field (or equivalent) p
- At least five (5) years of ministry experience in a parish or diocesan position (related degrees and comparable experience will be considered) and a minimum of three (3) years of supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of Catholic doctrine and beliefs as presented in the documents of the Second Vatican Council, the Catechism of the Catholic Church and other relevant ecclesial documents and publications.
- Practicing Catholic with sufficient knowledge and training in Theology, liturgy, and ministry in the Roman Catholic Tradition.
- Must be Bilingual (English and Spanish).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with others.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and the ability to travel as needed.
- Must pass diocesan Safe Environment Requirements and background screening.
- Is expected to work no less than 40 hours per week including evenings and weekends in order to fulfill requirements of job.
Qualified applicants may submit a cover letter, resume, and references to Theresa Simon, Senior Director of Human Resources, Diocese of Orlando:
- FAX: 407.246.4844
- O. Box 1800, Orlando, FL 32802
- No phone calls, please.