Website Holy Spirit Catholic Church
Holy Spirit Catholic Church is actively seeking a Director of Music to facilitate the music for all liturgical celebrations. The position is full time, offering 30 hours per week.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Directs and plans regularly scheduled weekend liturgies;
- Directs, schedules, and rehearses adult and children's choirs;
- Facilitates rehearsals, recruitment, and formation of parish cantors and music volunteers;
- Organist/pianist at weekend Masses and on Holy Days;
- Coordinates music for Faith Formation program, seasonal liturgies, funerals, and weddings;
- Supervises use and maintenance of audio-visual equipment;
- Nurtures his or her own faith in order to nurture the faith of others;
- Commitment to professional development;
- Formulates a music budget for parish worship program;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelors or Master's degree in music or its equivalent.
- Musical leadership requires skills in the following areas: keyboard, voice and conducting.
- Skills and experience may be required in other areas such as contemporary instrumental ensembles, orchestration, hand bells, children's choirs, composition and familiarity with musical styles of various cultures within the community.
- A thorough understanding of Roman Catholic liturgical Theology and praxis.
- Knowledge of the history and repertoire of sacred music.
- A practicing Catholic knowledgeable of Catholic liturgy whose music selections appropriately reflect Catholic doctrine.
Qualified applicants may send a cover letter, resume, and completed Employment Application to Fr. Andrew Wojtan, Pastor, Holy Spirit Catholic Church:
- 2399 Holder Road Mims, FL 32754
- FAX: (321) 269-2252