St Mark the Evangelist Church
St Mark the Evangelist Church is actively seeking an Operations Manager who supports the pastor’s responsibilities for the Parish and is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the parish as they apply to staff positions supporting accounting, maintenance, volunteers, education, training, vendor management, and all other projects as defined by the Pastor. In collaboration with the Pastor, the Operations Manager develops comprehensive planning, implementation and evaluation of the Parish’s goals and objectives. The Operations Manager enables the efficient and effective administration of Parish resources.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supervises maintenance staff and instructs them in general custodial tasks and reviews performance;
- Creates daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual 5-year maintenance schedules and a daily log for each maintenance member;
- Oversees all major renovations and repairs;
- Verifies contractor activity;
- Coordinates security measures to protect staff and volunteers – handles after hours support for security, alarms and all personnel on the campus site.
- Responsible for planning and implementation of all parish projects as defined and approved by the Pastoral Council and the pastor;
- Continues collaborative working relationship between the Chancery Office, Parish Finance Council and the Parish;
- Participates in Pastoral Council and Finance Council meetings; develops collaborative relationship between the various ministries and outreach programs;
- Develops and creates a strong volunteer base, which includes annual recognition program;
- Develops and creates a welcome program for visitors.
- Updates job descriptions for all staff as required;
- Oversees the administration of salaries and diocesan benefit programs;
- Supervises and directs clerical support staff;
- Participates in employee hiring and separations of the parish in collaboration with the Pastor;
- Effectively communicates responsibilities to staff and ensures they have necessary tools to succeed;
- Maintains effective communication with appropriate personnel;
- Initiates a performance review program according to diocesan policies and procedures;
- Maintains open channel of communication with Pastor.
- Reviews and approves regular payroll for Parish;
- Oversees the financial resources systems of the Parish by assuring the preparation of a comprehensive annual budget, including revenue and expense projections, for review and approval of the Pastor in consultation with the Finance Council;
- Monitors the monthly income and expenditures, authorizing purchases and payment of all bills in line with the parish approved budget, with the accountant overseeing and assuring accurate and confidential financial record keeping systems;
- Oversees tabulation and deposit of all Parish income and provides oversight of the preparation of monthly and quarterly financial reports for the Pastor and Finance Council.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred in Business Management, Accounting or related field.
- Operations experience within a Catholic environment, financial and budgetary experience and the ability to monitor revenue and expense guidelines for the parish.
- Eight or more years of successful supervisory experience.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting practices and procedures and ability to oversee day to day cash flow and parish finances.
- Working knowledge of facilities and building systems maintenance.
- Ability to plan, organize and execute an efficient plan.
- Ability to work closely with all campus personnel including employees, volunteers and parishioners setting a high level of moral support for all.
- Practicing Roman Catholic with respect for the Church and its teachings
Qualified applicants may submit a cover letter, resume, and completed Employment Application to Theresa Simon, Senior Director of Human Resources, Diocese of Orlando.
- 50 E. Robinson Street, Orlando, FL 32801
- FAX: (407)246-4844
- No phone calls, please
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com