Website St. Augustine Catholic Church
St. Augustine Catholic Church is actively seeking a Parish Administrative Assistant who enhances administrative effectiveness by providing clerical support to the ministry team in support of the overall parish community.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serves visitors by greeting, welcoming and directing them.
- Maintains security and telephone system.
- Provides secretarial and clerical services to the pastor, business manager, ministries, and parish organizations.
- Maintains calendar for pastor, arranging meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and occasional travel.
- Develops and maintains a filing system for marriage and Sacramental records.
- Maintains Parish Data System, entering new parishioners and updating system as needed.
- Serves as parish liaison for Diocesan Shared Accounting Services.
- Makes necessary arrangements for funerals.
- Maintains the parish calendar, weekly bulletin, and postings on parish website.
- Monitors and orders office supplies.
- Enters contributions into computer program and reconciles with the deposit.
- Prepares year end contribution statements for parishioners, and donation letters required by the IRS.
- Schedules office volunteers.
- Prepares staff meeting minutes and distributes same.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Keeps lobby and reception area neat and orderly.
- Maintains confidentiality in all areas of responsibility as required.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- High school degree or equivalent.
- Three years receptionist experience required including two years database experience.
- Excellent telephone skills and ability to stay calm in stressful situations.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including Word and Publisher; knowledge of Parish Data Systems a plus.
- Solid organization skills and ability to work independently.
- Must be bi-lingual in Spanish and English.
- Ability to read and interpret basic correspondence.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
Qualified applicants may submit a resume and completed Employment Application to Fr. Tomas Hurtado at Frtomas@saintaugustinecc.org.