Website Diocese of Orlando
The Diocese of Orlando actively seeks a Parish Operations Analyst to provide support to the Senior Director of Parish Financial Operations in all areas related to parish accounting, internal controls, finance, and budgeting. This support includes but is not limited to: analyzing parish financial data, budgets, drafting policies, developing procedures, the presentation of related topics to large and small groups, and participating in the Parish Financial Review Program.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Under the direction of the Sr. Director, analyzes current internal controls and assists in the development of best practices for all parishes.
- Under the direction of the Sr. Director, analyzes parish financial results and assists in the preparation of drafting financial reports to support various initiatives of the parishes for maintenance or capital projects.
- Supports the Sr. Director in the preparation of parish budgets; analyzes monthly department budgeting and accounting reports to maintain expenditure controls and examines budget estimates for completeness, accuracy, and conformance with procedures and regulations.
- Supports the Sr. Director in developing and implementing a diocesan-wide education and training program for parish staff, parish volunteers, and parish finance council members.
- Assists in the compilation and analysis of accounting records and other data to determine the financial resources required to implement a program.
- Assists in providing on-site training to pastors and business managers in all areas of finance, accounting, and operations.
- Assists in developing and preparing special financial reports for presentation to the Diocesan Finance Committee.
- Assists in organizing meetings and gatherings.
- Assists in the preparation of PowerPoint presentations on relevant topics, and the presentation of those topics from time to time to various parish groups.
- Performs special studies or projects as required.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Practice of the Catholic faith.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field, Finance and/or Accounting preferred.
- Knowledge of church organizational and operations procedures as well as financial/tax law regulations and legislation.
- Working knowledge of accounting concepts, techniques and principles.
- Must have experience in technology-based office management and office support.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Requires good written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to work well with various personalities within the Catholic Church and be comfortable around many levels of support within a large, complex and diverse working environment.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
Qualified applicants may submit an application, cover letter, resume, and references to:
- FAX: 407.246.4844
- 50 E. Robinson Street, Orlando, FL 32801