Website Diocese of Orlando
The Diocese of Orlando is actively seeking a Senior Director of Communications to lead strategies in social media relations, community relations, and internal relations for the glory of God. The Senior Director of Communications advises the bishop, pastors of parishes and directors of other diocesan offices and diocesan entities on communications issues to effectively describe the position of the Diocese of Orlando while promoting or creating good will for the Church’s mission.Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversees the release of all official diocesan news to media outlets, both Catholic and secular, and serves as the primary contact for media inquiries.
- Leads staff and vendors to prepare and edit informational material for presentation by the bishop and other diocesan officials to media representatives and the general public.
- Writes, prepares and distributes news releases, media alerts, fact sheets to Catholic and secular media outlets to communicate a faith-filled image of the Diocese of Orlando by highlighting programs, accomplishments, and/or points of view of the diocese.
- Communicates a vision of high-quality and relevant communication strategies as tools for evangelization and catechesis.
- Collaborates with other parishes and departments, on communication strategies and initiatives and message development.
- Directs story development and production of the Florida Catholic Orlando edition.
- Offers guidance on Buena Nueva Radio and Faith Fit Radio and other Catholic radio offerings within the diocese.
- Manages staff with a focus on Christ, bringing forth the Diocesan core values to encourage individual and team growth.
- Works cooperatively with various personalities within the Catholic Church, facilitates good communication and is responsive to requests of others within a large, complex and diverse working environment.
- In a spirit of collaboration, develops and implements policies and procedures for the Office of Communication to communicate gospel values.
- Oversees Diocesan branding and logo development and use.
- Creates a vision for new and current web projects that communicates Catholic values in a manner that is user-friendly, accessible and well-designed.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in communications, education, sociology, business management, or other related field.
- At least seven years office experience desirable with progressive responsibilities in public relations, journalism, marketing, business or public administration or in a closely related area; online media experience strongly preferred.
- High degree of flexibility in order to achieve objectives and meet demands.
- Practice of the Catholic faith is required.
Qualified applicants may send a cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.comNo phone calls, please.