Website St. Augustine Catholic Church
St. Augustine Catholic Church is actively seeking a Youth Ministry Leader to be responsible for developing a parish based ministry with youth in junior and senior high school. The Youth Ministry Leader reaches out to all youth in the community, provides for formal catechesis, and invites and enables youth to serve others. This person develops close communication with and mutual support from families of youth and collaborates with other community and parish youth organizations.Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Creates and develops a youth ministry advisory group with youth and adults and provides for its enrichment.
- Develops a plan for youth ministry in collaboration with the pastor, parish staff, and the youth ministry advisory group.
- Assists in the preparation of liturgical celebrations for youth (reconciliation, confirmation, World Youth Day Sunday, liturgies for retreats and special youth events).
- Is available for listening, advising, and referral.
- Provides opportunities for justice/service education, inviting youth to a deeper appreciation of the social teachings of the Church.
- Helps youth to discern their gifts and how best to use them in the ministries of their parish communities.
- Collaborates with the Parish Catechetical Leader in merging youth ministry catechetical models with religious education for junior high students.
- Develops peer ministry to assist in retreats, service opportunities, and prayer experiences with junior high students.
- Recruits, trains, assigns and evaluates the youth leaders. Coordinates participation in diocesan-sponsored training programs.
- Submits annual financial report and budget; administers budget throughout the year.
- Maintains necessary office and program records, including a log of activities and times.
- Determines effective means for publicizing and promoting programs and experiences.
- Submits periodic reports to the pastor detailing programs in youth ministry.
- Actively works with the Director of Faith Formation to determine appropriate curriculum and participates in the planning and implementation of various ministries.
- Keeps informed through attendance at diocesan, regional, and national conferences, regular reading, and membership in professional associations.
- Keeps parents informed of youth ministry activities and invites their participation in and presence at all youth ministry events.
- Participates in annual retreat and seeks spiritual direction.
- Is a member and active participant in the Faith Formation Deanery Association.
- Is involved in the Diocesan Catechist Certification Program.
- Attends diocesan, state and national in-service opportunities.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor's Degree in Theology or Youth Ministry from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of three years of applicable experience.
- Must be a practicing Roman Catholic and currently participating in Diocesan or parish ministry.
- Must be willing to reflect the Christian attitude of the Church in dealing with fellow employees and those from outside of the parish.
- A high level of organizational and interpersonal skill is required.
- Attention to detail and working well with others is also required.
Qualified applicants may submit a resume and completed Employment Application to Fr. Tomas Hurtado at Frtomas@saintaugustinecc.org.