Thank you for your interest in serving as a missioner for the Diocese of Orlando. You are taking the first step of what is expected to be a life-changing and life-affirming experience. On this page you will learn about the requirements for serving as a missioner.
Part I: The following forms must be submitted together with a copy of a valid passport, a copy of the missioner’s health insurance card, and $150 deposit. The deposit will be deducted from the total cost of the mission which is $750, leaving a balance of $600 due before the travel date.
- Mission Office International Trip Adult Application (for anyone 18 years of age or older AND no longer in high school)
- Mission Office International Trip Youth Application (for anyone under 18 years of age OR still in high school)
- Adult Consent Form and Liability Waiver (for anyone 18 years of age or older AND no longer in high school)
- Parental/Guardian Consent Form & Liability Waiver (for anyone under 18 years of age OR still in high school)
- Parental/Guardian Medical Information & Consent Form (for anyone under 18 years of age OR still in high school)
- Image Release Form
- Please make checks payable to the “Diocese of Orlando – Mission Office”. On the check memo be sure to include the mission date and the name of the person traveling.
**Once completed, mail all the forms to Diocese of Orlando Mission Office, PO Box 1800, Orlando, FL 32802. The forms may also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and mail the check, or everything may be dropped off at the Chancery: 50 East Robinson Street, Orlando, FL 32801.**
Part II: The Diocese of Orlando requires all missioners submit to and pass the FBI background check (through the diocese) and successfully complete the online Safe Environment Certification Process (SEC) before applying for a mission trip. This fee is not included in the fee for the trip. If you have successfully completed this requirement for ministry in your parish in the Diocese of Orlando, indicate that on the application and it will be checked by the Safe Environment Manager. This clearance is good for five years. You will need the Fieldprint Volunteer code for these processes: FPChanOffChVol
Part III: The cost of the trip is $750 which covers all the lodging, meals, emergency medical insurance and ground transportation in the Dominican Republic, any materials to be used during the mission, and a T-shirt. This amount is not considered a donation and does not include airfare.
Part IV: Once you have met all the requirements mentioned above (application forms, personal documents, Safe Environment Certification, Background clearance) you may purchase your airline ticket using only the airline and flight authorized by the Mission Office because of logistics reasons. Please send a copy of your flight itinerary to the Mission Office as soon as you have it. Do NOT purchase the airline ticket before because if you do not meet the diocesan requirements, you will not be compensated for the ticket.
We strongly encourage you to apply for a U.S. passport well in advance of anticipated travel. Visit the Bureau of Consular Affairs website for information on how to apply for your passport.
All returning missioners must completely fill out a new application for each mission trip, must meet current diocesan requirements, and must attend the mission orientation.
If you have any questions, please call the Mission Office (407) 246-4890 or email email@example.com .