We are always in need of volunteers to help the day to day operations in the office. If you have a few hours you can give, we need help with publications, filing, packing donations, fundraising, tutoring, and many other ways to share your gifts right here! Please contact us if you are interested in volunteering.
Host a Student
We have opportunities to host students from the Dominican Republic for a few weeks over the summer, or throughout the school year as they receive a high school education at one of our Catholic high schools. Hosting a student will not only change their lives, it will change yours! For more information on hosting a student, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Items we CANNOT USE
We are unable to accept medicines or medical supplies from individuals unless then have been pre-approved through our medical team. Please contact (407)246-4890 if you have medical items to donate.
We cannot accept used shoes or used clothing (other than school uniforms) as they cannot be brought into the Dominican Republic.
Financial Donation to the General Fund
By making a donation to our general fund, you will help us serve our brothers and sisters in the Dominican Republic in a variety of ways…
- Support a child in school
- Provide a nutritious breakfast for a child
- Provide a water filter for a family
- Sponsor a teacher’s transport to University
- Support a high school residence student
- Provide a computer for a child
- Provide memory cards for computers
- Provide an external hard drive for a computer
- Support our technology needs with a donation to install internet connection
- Sponsor an adult in our Adult Literacy program
- If you would like to make a tax-deductible donation to the General Fund, please send a check to “Diocese of Orlando Mission Office” at P.O.Box 1800, Orlando, FL 32802 and write “Mission General Fund” in the memo line. Thank you!
Scholarship for a Missionary
- Support a missionary by offering a scholarship for education, construction or medical missions. The total cost for a missionary to spend a week serving in our sister diocese is approximately $1,400.00. This includes airfare, food, lodging and travel while on the ground.
- If you would like to make a tax-deductible donation as a scholarship for missionaries, please send a check to “Diocese of Orlando Mission Office” at P.O.Box 1800, Orlando, FL 32802 and write “Missionary Scholarship” in the memo line. Thank you!
- Support a catechetical leader
- Support a two-day catechetical leadership training program
- Support a two-day marriage encounter program
- If you would like to make a tax-deductible donation to the General Fund, please send a check to “Diocese of Orlando Mission Office” at P.O.Box 1800, Orlando, FL 32802 and write “Mission Pastoral Support” in the memo line. Thank you!