With regard to the Ordinary General Assembly of the Synod of Bishops, to take place in the Vatican from 4 to 25 October on the theme “The vocation and mission of the family in the Church and contemporary world”, we publish a further list of the members and substitutes elected by the various Episcopal Conferences and confirmed by the Holy Father.
- Cote d’Ivoire
- Member: Bishop Ignace Bessi Dogbo of Katiola, president of the National Episcopal Commission for the Lay Apostolate.
- Equatorial Guinea
- Member: Bishop Juan Matogo Oyana, C.M.F., of Bata.
- Member: Archbishop Paulino Lukudu Loro, M.C.C.J., of Juba;
- Substitute: Bishop Michael Didi Adgum Mangoria of El Obeid.
- Member: Bishop Xavier Johnsai Munyongani of Gweru.
- Member: Bishop Miguel Angel Cabello Almada of Concepcion en Paraguay;
- Substitute: Bishop Pierre Laurent Jubinville, C.S.Sp., of San Pedro.
- 2nd Substitute: Bishop Lawrence Pius Dorairaj of Dharmapuri.
- Member: Archbishop Ramzi Garmou of Teheran of the Chaldeans, patriarchal administrator of Ahwaz of the Chaldeans;
- Substitute: Archbishop Neshan Karakeheyan, patriarchal administrator of Ispahan, Esfaan of the Armenians.
- Member: Bishop Silvio Siripong Charatsri of Chanthaburi;
- Substitute: Archbishop Louis Chamniern Santisukniran of Thare and Nonseng.
- East Timor
- Member: Bishop Basilio Do Nascimento of Baucau, president of the Episcopal Conference;
- Substitute: Bishop Norberto Do Amaral of Maliana.
- International Episcopal Conference of Sts. Cyril and Methodius
- Member: Bishop Ladislav Nemet, S.V.D., of Zrenjanin, Serbia.
- Member: Archbishop Zbignevs Stankevics of Riga;
- Substitute: Bishop Janis Bulis of Rezekne-Aglona, president of the Episcopal Conference.
- Member: Bishop Teemu Sippo, S.C.I., of Helsinki, Finland;
- Substitute: Bishop Czeslaw Kozon of Copenhagen, Denmark.
- Papua New Guinea and the Solomon Islands
- Member: Bishop Anton Bal of Kundiawa, representing the “Commission for Family Life.”