DID YOU KNOW?
- Domestic violence is the “number one health risk” to women in the United States ? ( U.S. Surgeon General)
- The children are also the victims of abuse, even if not intentionally, because “to witness abuse is to be abused”?
- The Catholic Church has a pastoral entitled “ When I Call for Help: A Pastoral Response to Domestic Violence Against Women”? (first published in 1992)
- Often the first place a victim will turn for help is to the Church?
DO YOU KNOW?
- The dynamics of abuse?
- How to be supportive to victims and their children?
- The area resources available to victims?