We are always in need of volunteers to help with the day-to-day operations in the office. If you have a few hours to give, we need help with publications, filing, packing donations, fundraising, tutoring, and much more!
Host a Student
We have opportunities to host students from the Dominican Republic for a few weeks over the summer, or throughout the school year as they receive a high school education at one of our Catholic schools. Hosting a student will not only change their lives, it will change yours!
Make a donation
Financial Donation to the General Fund
By making a donation to our general fund, you will help us serve our brothers and sisters in the Dominican Republic in a variety of ways.
- Support a child in school
- Provide a nutritious breakfast for a child
- Provide a water filter for a family
- Sponsor a teacher’s transport to University
- Support a high school residence student
- Provide a computer for a child
- Support our technology needs with a donation to install internet connection
- Sponsor an adult in our Adult Literacy program
- If you would like to make a tax-deductible donation to the General Fund, please send a check to “Diocese of Orlando Mission Office” at P.O.Box 1800, Orlando, FL 32802 and write “Mission General Fund” in the memo line.
- Donate online.
Throughout the year, we ask parishes, schools and individuals to collect specific items that are greatly needed in the Dominican Republic. Our mission could not survive without the generosity of so many. These items include:
- Toothpaste and toothbrushes
- School supplies (backpacks, composition notebooks, spiral notebooks, wooden pencils, colored pencils, crayons, glue, scissors, erasers, white chalk, colored chalk, markers)
- New shoes for children and adults
- New or gently used school uniforms (red tops, navy pants or shorts, plaid shirts or jumpers)
- Sports equipment
- Peanut butter (only collected in the Spring)
- Ponchos and rain boots
* When bringing a donation, please call 407-246-4890 so someone from our team can meet you at the loading dock and assist you. All donations should be tightly packed in boxes. Please write the items enclosed on the outside of the box.
Items we CANNOT USE
We are unable to accept medicines or medical supplies from individuals unless they have been pre-approved by our medical team. Please contact 407-246-4893 if you have medical items to donate. We cannot accept used shoes or used clothing (other than school uniforms) as they cannot be brought into the Dominican Republic because of their strict customs regulations.
Scholarship for a Missionary
- Support a missionary by offering a scholarship for education, construction or medical missions. The total cost for a missionary to spend a week serving in our sister diocese is approximately $1,400.00. This includes airfare, food, lodging and travel while on the ground.
- If you would like to make a tax-deductible donation as a scholarship for missionaries, please send a check to “Diocese of Orlando Mission Office” at P.O.Box 1800, Orlando, FL 32802 and write “Missionary Scholarship” in the memo line.
University Scholarship Fund
- Support a high school graduate attending university in the Dominican Republic or in the U.S. Funds will be used for tuition and room & board.
- If you would like to make a tax-deductible donation to the University Scholarship Fund, please send a check to the Mission Office, Diocese of Orlando, P.O. Box 1800, Orlando, FL 32802. Write “University Scholarship Fund” in the memo line.
- Support a catechetical leader
- Support a two-day catechetical leadership training program
- Support a two-day marriage encounter program
- If you would like to make a tax-deductible donation to the General Fund, please send a check to “Diocese of Orlando Mission Office” at P.O.Box 1800, Orlando, FL 32802 and write “Mission Pastoral Support” in the memo line.