The mission of Safe Environment Training and Fingerprinting is to prevent abuse of children and vulnerable persons through education and awareness. The Diocese of Orlando is committed to protecting all children and vulnerable persons.
Safe Environment Training and Fingerprinting Instructions and Registration
Please complete both steps to finish Safe Environment Training and Fingerprinting Registration
Note: If you had a password before July 6, 2016, you may need to reset your password by clicking “Lost Password” (see right of page under the login fields). Follow the directions to obtain a new password.
You must have a Fieldprint Code in order to register to be background screened. To obtain the proper Fieldprint Code, please contact the office of the location (parish, school, or other entity) of where you wish to volunteer or be employed and request for that location’s Fieldprint Code.
1. Safe Environment Training
- Safe Environment Training must be completed every 5 years. This includes watching a training video, taking a quiz, and being fingerprinted.
- To start the training you must must register. A unique email address is required to register. If you don’t have an email address, obtain one from a free service such as Gmail or Yahoo.
- Quiz results are sent directly to staff from the Diocese of Orlando Human Resources Office, and they notify your affiliated parish, school or organization of the results.
2. Fingerprint Registration
- Attention All Applicants –On the registration site, you will see a screen stating “Reason why you need to be fingerprinted”. Please select the web link: “I know my Fieldprint Code” to enter your Fieldprint Code.
- Do NOT use the drop-down menu. Please contact your entity to obtain your Fieldprint code.
- Follow this link to register for fingerprinting: Fieldprintflorida.com
For fingerprinting inquiries, please contact Ida Jimenez
For technical assistance with the Safe Environment Training video or the Diocese of Orlando website contact Robert Diaz.
The Diocese of Orlando is required by the United States Catholic Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) to follow certain guidelines with regard to Safe Environment Training. As are all other archdioceses and dioceses, we are required to undergo regular audits by the USCCB to be sure that we are in compliance with those regulations.
All church personnel and volunteers working with children and vulnerable populations must complete Safe Environment Training in addition to a background/fingerprint clearance.
In an effort to ensure the safety of those persons under the care of the Diocese, all Church Personnel and volunteers, ages 15 and older, will be required to submit a completed Criminal Background Check Form as well as a complete set of fingerprints so as to facilitate a criminal background investigation.