“School of Humanity” is a weekly podcast for Faith Fit Radio hosted by Jason and Rachel Bulman (Church of the Resurrection). Through engaging discussion and with the help of occasional guests, the Bulmans will take you on a journey to discover truth and beauty present in the world around us and within each and every person we encounter. Starting with the core truth that we are each “Imago Dei” (Image of God), join the School and become a student searching for God who seeks us and longs for us.
- #55: Redemptive Suffering
A NEW episode of School of Humanity! Suffering is never meant to be done alone…The redemptive aspect of suffering means that suffering *has to be done with others, specifically with the Lord first and foremost. If you suffer without Jesus, then suffering is irrational and despairing. Podcast episode below:
- #54: Natural Family Planning Part 2
Rachel and Jason share their own struggles and victories with practicing NFP within their marriage and the insight they’ve received into their spiritual lives and trust in God. (Not a child friendly episode).
- #53: Natural Family Planning Part1
Highlighting the anniversary of Pope Paul VI’s Humanae Vitae (July 25), the Bulmans discuss controversial, but profound moments in Church history—including our Catholic beliefs on human sexuality and conjugal love. (Not a child friendly episode).
- #52: 5 Books to Get You Through Lent
Rachel and Jason discuss 5 books that have helped them in their spiritual lives. The books are:
1. Benedictus, Ignatius Press
2. Searching for and Maintaining Peace, Fr. Jacques Philippe
3. The Discernment of Spirits, Fr. Timothy M. Gallagher, OMV
4. Mysterium Paschale, Hans Urs Von Balthasar
5. The Noonday Devil: Acedia, the Unnamed Evil of Our Times, Jean Charles-Nault
- #51: The Konmari Method and Your Soul Part 2
Rachel and Jason discuss the spiritual reality of a cluttered heart, acedia’s role in letting clutter build up and give practical tips on identifying clutter and getting rid of it.
- #50: The Konmari Method and Your Soul Part 1
Rachel and Jason begin this two part series introducing the KonMari Method, recapping the first episode of Netflix’s, “Tidying Up” and share what decluttering and tidying up mean for the spiritual life.
- #49: Vocations Part 3 – Permanent Diaconate
Rachel and Jason continue to build on the vocations that they have been called to by following up the marriage and parenting with their pursuit of a vocation within their vocation – the permanent diaconate.
- #48: Vocations Part 2 – Parenting
Rachel and Jason continue to unpack what their vocation has taught them about the heart of God and the personalistic norm in their lives as parents.
- #47: Vocations Part 1 – Answering the Call of Marriage
Rachel and Jason speak about their own marriage and how they have applied their initial call to holiness to their call to love one another through the Sacrament of Marriage.
- #46: Living the Resurrection
Rachel and Jason take a hard look at the appearances of Jesus after the resurrection. What do these stories tell us? How do they invite us out of ourselves into closer union with our Risen Lord?